Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'll Marry You, but I Don't Love You

That's kinda how I felt when I read about New Jersey governor Chris Christie's stance on Cap and Trade. He has announced that New Jersey is pulling out of the region's "gimmicky" cap and trade program by the end of the year. Christie said the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative was doing nothing to solve the problem.

THIS IS GOOD!

Then he turned around and acknowledged the effects that humans are having on climate change. WHAT? So Christie believes in the hoax of man made global warming? I guess he does. So he's giving the current cap and trade program the ax, but what does this mean for the future? Will he support some other costly and nonsensical program in the future to combat a problem that does not exist? For that matter what kind of program in his way of thinking would work? I'd really like to know! How do you FIX an imaginary problem?

I have viewed Christie as a mixed bag for a very long time now. So far he is not running for president and he says he will not. If I had any notions of supporting this guy they are gone now. I do admire the courageous cost cutting measures he has tackled in New Jersey and he deserves a lot of credit, but I am afraid he is no conservative, at least not away from the fiscal arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment