Sunday, November 6, 2011

An Unusual Saredee

Band practice was cancelled last night so for a change I had nothing going on. I got to lay on the couch and watch a little college football, yes, Alabama and LSU.

Sometimes college football is a little boring especially when mediocre teams are playing but this was not the case last night. The number 1 and 2 ranked teams in the country were slugging it out and that is exactly what happened. I had no dog in the fight so when LSU finally won 9-6 in overtime I neither cheered nor cried. I was just happy to relax on a Saredee night for a change enjoying a good college football game.

So LSU won. Are they better than Bama? Maybe, maybe not, but Bama's chances for a national championship are pretty much sunk. Yeah, LSU will remain number 1 and Bama will drop to about 5 or 6. Oh for a playoff system in college football. I'd sure like to see these teams slug it out for all the marbles again in January. I betcha several million more people would watch too.

Oh, I watched the Titans lose to the Bengals today. The Titans played great, but only in the second quarter. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment