Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Why do they Hate Jesus so?

If you're not a football fan you may know nothing of a fellow named Tim Tebow. Tebow is the current quarterback of the Denver Broncos and the former Heisman Trophy winner and QB of the Florida Gators.

Also Tebow is a devout Christian and makes no bones about sharing his faith on and off the field. Now, Jake Plummer, a former QB for the Broncos has gotten his little feeling hurt and has said that he wished Tebow would, "would curb his references to Jesus Christ and his faith".

Tebow responded:

If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife 'I love her' the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity?

And that's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ is that it is the most important thing in my life. So any time I get an opportunity to tell him that I love him or given an opportunity to shout him out on national TV, I'm gonna take that opportunity. And so I look at it as a relationship that I have with him that I want to give him the honor and glory anytime I have the opportunity. And then right after I give him the honor and glory, I always try to give my teammates the honor and glory.

And to this, Plummer replied:

Tebow, regardless of whether I wish he'd just shut up after a game and go hug his teammates, I think he's a winner and I respect that about him. I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ, then I think I'll like him a little better. I don't hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff.
"Like you know, I understand dude where you're coming from ... but he is a baller.

So what is it with Jake Plummer? What is it about Tebow's profession of faith that makes Plummer apparently so uncomfortable? Seems as if a lot of people get uncomfortable and downright angry if anyone talks about Jesus. What did Jesus ever do other than leave His perfect heavenly home, come to earth to be tempted in ways we cannot imagine, and allow Himself to be tortured and nailed to a cross to atone for Jake Plummer's and my sins? Oh, yeah, He rose from the dead 3 days later too! And yet He is despised from one end of the earth to the other.

What if Tim Tebow was praying to Allah? Would Jake Plummer say anything? Would anyone open their mouth? Well, you already know the answer to that.

Go HERE to read more about Tim Tebow. Sweet Wifey also had a post about this a couple of days ago. Go HERE to read her nice words.

No comments:

Post a Comment