Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Unveiling the Living Room - Part 1


The stage is set for the Living Room Redo. The walls are painted Benjamin Moore's Brandon Beige (#977) and the light sconces have*been updated.


Built ins are designed and the order will be placed tomorrow. They will flank each side of a french door to the deck.

Next in line is the furniture order. I am selling our camelback sofa and wingback chairs that have been in the living room. These pieces were never as comfortable as I would have liked. I would love to use the living room as an adult space and not just for entertaining.

We are going to order the below sofa sans the casters. Our family hasn't had much luck with casters. We have 2 chairs from Ethan Allen with casters and one of the casters broke. Ethan Allen has been very difficult to work with when trying to get a replacement caster for the one that broke. Their name is all over the chair and they don't seem to be willing to replace the broken parts. Needless to say, I am not shopping at Ethan Allen for our new furniture.

The sofa is 72" in length and I love the tufted back, smaller arms and single seat cushion. We are ordering this in a cream linen with a soft chenille feel.

Across from the sofa will be 2 of these chairs with similar arm and fixed back. The chairs will have a skirt and swivel. They will also be in a cream fabric with small taupe pattern.

You may remember my posts about these chairs. They haunted me and HBO was the ultimate buyer.

I found the chairs below for $165 each and decided they were close enough to the red beauties. I will reupholster the seats and arms in either the inspiration linen (stay tuned tomorrow) or a large houndstooth. The houndstooth is hard to come by so I am thinking I will end up using the inspiration linen. I plan to paint the wood in a grey tone to match the fabric.

I would love for the paint finish on the chairs to resemble a lacquer finish. Do I dare attempt them myself or should I find a professional sprayer? Anyone know how to get a lacquer finish?


No comments:

Post a Comment