Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm 2 and 2, and Now the Divisional Round

Well I'm 2 and 2 in my predictions for wildcard weekend. This proves one thing and one thing only. When you GUESS between 2 choices, you have a 50 percent chance of being right. At least I think I'm as good as the ex-jocks on ESPN.

I picked the Bengals over the Texans. The Bengals lost miserably. I also picked the Steelers over the Broncos. The Broncos won 29 to 23 on the first play in overtime. Way to go Tim Tebow. Tebow hit some mighty impressive looking long passes down the field during the game.

I was correct picking the Saints over the Lions. It was pretty close until the 4th quarter and then Drew Brees and company lowered the boom. It took Eli Manning and the Giants a little while to get in gear but they had no trouble shaming the Atlanta Falcons as I predicted.

So now on to the divisional round. Here are my picks:

New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49ers. Well the Saints have the number 1 passing attack in the NFL. The 49ers are 16th against the pass. The 49ers are also 1st against the run but it won't matter. The Saints have looked really sharp and I give them the victory by a touchdown.

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots. This is kinda tough. The Patriots have the number 2 passing attack but their defense is problematic. They have been able to put up enough points to win without having to worry much about defense. The Broncos have the number 1 running attack. Their defense is also mediocre. The Broncos went to overtime today against a mediocre Steelers offense. Will they make it to overtime against a GOOD offense? I'm going to have to give it to New England by a touchdown, but if the Broncos can get their wide receivers covered one on one and Tebow can deliver some more astonishing passes, it might really be close.

Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens. OK, I'm convinced that the Texans are real after watching them dispatch the Bengals. Actually statistic wise the Ravens and Texans are fairly equal. It bothers me that the Texans lost 3 in a row at the end of the regular season. I'm going to give the win to the Ravens by 3 points. I think it will be a squeaker.

New York Giants at Green Bay Packers. Big time passing attacks and mediocre defense describes these two teams. The Giants defense has looked better to me lately though. On the downside for the Giants it seems Eli has a bit of trouble getting started and comes on strong later in the game. If Eli has a slow start and the Packers get a couple of touchdowns ahead quickly it's curtains for the Giants. I'm going to stick my neck way out and pick the Giants by a touchdown.......whew! OK, it's your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment