Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Repealing Obamacare

My good friend, Doug M. Cotner, is always putting up nonsensical pictures like the one to the left on his Facebook page. Yes, I remember the huge piles of stinking dead bodies in the streets before Obamacare was passed. Suddenly all those dead bodies vanished when the messiah signed the bill into law.

Of course if the Supreme Court declares Obamacare unconstitutional or if it eventually gets repealed we will once again see piles of dead bodies in the streets, at least I guess that is what Doug and is friends think, or at least that is what they have been told by the Dimocrats.

Hmmmm, the only thing I can see Obamacare has done for me is raise the price of my health insurance premium about 30 percent. Well of course it did. When you allow 26 year old kids to remain on Mom and Dad's health insurance and when you force insurance companies to write policies for people with pre-existing illnesses, the cost is going to rise.....duh!

I have been sick with bronchitis for about a week. I finally went to the doctor today, got a couple of shots, a couple of prescriptions, and maybe I already feel better. They'll send me a bill. I'll pay it. Whether Obamacare existed or not is irrelevant. Nothing would have been a bit different for me. In fact I think I have about the best health care plan around:

1. I work.
2. I expect nobody but me, myself and I to pay for my care.
3. I figure health care to be a natural part of my budget.

Did you notice my health insurance (or lack of it) played no part in the above scenario? I didn't run around wringing my hands refusing to go to the doctor because I have not yet met the deductible of my HDHP. No, I went anyway. I have known some people who would refuse to see the doctor because they are below their deductible and might actually have to pay something. Or worse, they RUSH to the ER and hope to get treated for "free".

I think the fact that I work is probably the most important piece of the puzzle. Working for what you have makes a damn big difference.

Oh, one of Doug's pinhead friends also commented the Romney would also do away with Medicare. Of course these people never tell us how that is liable to happen. They also fail to mention that Obama stole $500 billion from Medicare to fund Obamacare. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment