Sunday, August 21, 2011

No RINOs in My Future

Well I keep hearing that Paul Ryan may run for president. I am really disappointed in Paul Ryan. After all he voted for the disastrous "debt deal", the "Satan sandwich". I realize that from time to time legislators if they serve long enough will sometimes vote for bad legislation. This is often because a bunch of bad stuff will be amended to a good bill. Why can't they have bills that address one issue and one issue only? I guess sometimes the legislator kinda gets painted into a corner and has to weigh the good against the bad.

I understand all this but in the case of Paul Ryan, this vote for the debt deal was really big. He and the rest of the yes votes handed Obama another couple of trillion dollars (imaginary money) to waste and fritter away.

I don't know if I can ever get past this. I do know that if Ryan declares he will not be in my top tier and he will really have to show me something special to ever arrive there. And now I hear that the Republican establishment is hoping he will declare.......not a glowing endorsement in my book. No, it is the ones the establishment trash that are the ones we teaparty types are looking for,

And then there is New Jersey governor, Chris Christie. As the days drag on I hear more and more talk of him throwing his hat in the race. Now you have to admit that Christie creates excitement. He doesn't mind cutting and slashing these nonsensical, wasteful programs away from the Dimocrats, giving the Dimocrats the finger all at the same time. This is a good thing, a very good thing. The time for compromising with these boobs is over. Sadly I don't think Christie is a conservative. From what I have read, he's soft on global warming and soft on illegal immigration. As much as I appreciate his fiscal toughness, I have said already that there will be no RINOs in my voting future. If Christie declares he will have to work very hard to convince me he deserves my vote.

Right now it looks like I'm hanging with either Bachmann or Perry. I like Herman Cain but it seems as if he's just not getting any real traction. Time will tell.
I have said it before and I'll say it again, if the Republicans give me a RINO in the general election, I will not vote for him/her, even if that means Obama wins a second term. God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment