Saturday, November 24, 2012

Northern Illinois vs. Marquette volleyball photo shoot experience

I graduated from Northern and found out my favorite volleyball team was competing against Marquette thanks to a friend of mine =) I was visiting in Milwaukee so I wanted to work my experience in as well as watch my favorite sport live right on the floor. I've shot a ton of outdoor sporting events and noticed indoor sporting events have the worst light to work in and with dull light as well.  There are a few gyms that have built in triggers but I couldn't use them here so there was a ton of tweaking to get that perfect volleyball photo shot.  I raised the aperature to the highest setting and raised the ISO till I got the least noise possible with no blur movement and tweaked the speed to anything above 1/1000 of a second. Thank you to the Marquette faculty for giving me the professional opportunity to shoot right on the court.  Marquette women's Volleyball team has made it to the NCAA tourney just recently and I wish them the best.  Although I saw the big east tourney with them against Louisville, I know they will still go far on the tourney bracket.  They have the biggest team I've seen on a roster and lots of talent and great coaching.

I miss playing indoor volleyball and have retired from it due to my surgically repaired knees (due to volleyball but mostly due to snowboarding) so I am here to say I am now a number one fan.  Here are a few photos of my photo experience of my women's Northern Illinois University volleyball game.  Unfortunately, my alma mater lost to Marquette but it was still a great game.  I forgot so much how much this game progressed now and how great these girls are now.  This is why I love Women's volleyball....

The straight down line shot:

The girls that have hops and awesome jumpers:

The double block:

The towering kill:

The hangtime:



The teamwork and pride:







Sorry Hooters Girls, these girls wear the shorts better than your orange shorts!
Volleyball girls purposely flaunt it better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment