Thursday, September 22, 2011

DirecTV, Great Service! NOT!

Yesterday my Directv receiver/DVR just froze. I tried unplugging it and tried to make it restart. From inside came rattling and groaning sounds of a hard drive taking its dying gasps. No, the old girl was surely dead. So then I began the arduous process of calling Directv and wading through menu after menu of recorded instructions until I finally got to talk to a person.

The girl on the phone kept telling me to, "follow the instructions on the screen".

"There is no screen! It is dead! It won't give me a screen." I replied.

So she decided to give me a time for a friendly service call to our house. "We'll be out next Tuesday between noon and 4PM."

"Tuesday? Today is Wednesday. You mean I am going to have to do without for 6 days?"

"Yes, you'll have to do without that receiver."

Well, we moved the bedroom DVR down to the living room for now and just unplugged the defective unit. You'd think as much as I pay these people for this service that they would have been out before I hung up the phone. So I'm going to have to wait 6 days for some service technician to tell me that I have a busted hard drive and I'm going to need a new DVR. I seriously doubt they replace the hard drives in the units, although they might.

Just nothing like great service. Betcha they don't give me a discount on my next bill for those 6 days of downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment