Sunday, September 25, 2011

Just a Little Football

Well I have not posted anything to do with football in some time. Frankly I did not know what to expect from the Tennessee Titans this season. New coaching staff, a buncha new players, new quarterbacks, everything is new, so who knows what the future holds?

Well I went in with no expectations and now they are 2 and 1. They impressively dismantled a Baltimore Ravens team a week ago and today in spite of mistakes and tons of useless penalties, they still managed to find a way to win over the Broncos.

I had not paid much attention to quarterback, Matt Hasselbeck before, but I gotta say his play so far has been impressive and he has put up some good looking numbers.

The disappointment is the way overpriced running back, Chris Johnson has done pretty much nothing as far as his numbers. I suppose one could argue that his mere presence keeps the defense pinned up and guarding against a huge breakout run. For the multimillions Johnson is making he really does need to show us something special. If the Titans could really get a running game going, there is no doubt in my mind that they would be a Super Bowl contender.

The Titans are going to be at Cleveland next weekend. The Browns are also 2 and 1. It could be quite a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment